Energy law is a complex field of law which is characterized by a high density of regulations and great dynamism. We have been advising on energy law for more than 20 years and have built up extensive know-how.
Current key consulting areas within energy law
- Advising energy suppliers and energy consumers from industry and commerce on all measures to deal with the energy crisis and on the implementation of the relevant government regulations, namely on the implementation of price controls for natural gas, heat and electricity / representation of the client’s interests in case of a conflict.
- Advising energy suppliers, energy service companies, housing companies and property developers on the planning and implementation of innovative energy solutions in commercial parks and in residential areas (new and existing buildings) / Drafting and negotiating the contracts required for the implementation of the project / Representing the interests of the client in case of a conflict.
- Advising companies from industry and trade in connection with their in-house strategies to achieve greenhouse gas neutrality / Construction and operation of CHP, photovoltaic systems and other energy systems on their own or by energy service companies / Procurement of green electricity by power purchase agreements (PPA).
- Advising heat suppliers (district heating and local heating) on the drafting of contracts, in particular heat supply contracts and land use contracts / Requirements for the design of price regulations / Formulation of bans on own power generation and third-party purchases and their anchoring in land register entries / District heating statutes.
- Adivising energy service companies and companies from industry and commerce on questions of energy tax and electricity tax law / Defining the person who is operating an energy system (power plants, CHP) / Representing the client’s interests against the customs administration and in tax court proceedings / Supporting the client in external audits.